Kansas City Traffic Violations Lawyer
Protecting Driver’s Rights in Missouri & Kansas
Traffic tickets can happen to anyone. For most of us, the answer seems to be to pay the ticket and move on. However, this can cause serious problems down the road, as Missouri’s point system can lead to accumulated points that eventually lead to license suspension and increased insurance rates. There are good reasons not to pay traffic tickets. Contact the Law Office of Michael Crawford for help from a Kansas City traffic violations lawyer.
How Points Add Up
Because a single traffic ticket doesn’t seem like a big deal, many people just pay them without any thought of how it could affect them later. Most traffic infractions make up nearly half of a person’s allotted points, meaning two tickets within a year could result in a suspended license—a problem far more difficult to remedy than a single traffic ticket.
The points accumulation system is as follows:
- 4 points within a year: You will receive an advisory letter alerting you about how close you are to a suspended license.
- 8 points within 18 months: License suspension of 30 days, 60 for a second suspension, and 90 for third or subsequent suspensions.
- 12 points within a year: License suspension for one year.
- 18 points within 2 years: License suspension for one year.
- 24 points within 3 years: License suspension for one year.
You can find the form for the points value of each traffic infraction by clicking here.
Get Help before Paying the Ticket
Our firm understands the value of preventing a ticket from going on your driver record. We have built a practice out of helping our clients avoid having too many points accumulate on their record, and we can help you as well. Call our team today to schedule a free consultation about what to do next.
Dial (816) 945-4930 to speak with the Kansas City traffic violations lawyer at the Law Office of Michael Crawford.
Our Attorney Is A Former Prosecutor With An Excellent Reputation
We Are Client Focused and Provide Personalized Service
Michael Crawford Has Extensive Trial Experience
Our Attorney is Licensed in Kansas & Missouri