Kansas City Theft Lawyer
Experienced Defense Against Theft Crimes in Missouri & Kansas
Depriving someone of their property without their permission is a crime. Depending on how the crime was committed, you could face serious consequences and felony sentencing. Get the help of an experienced Kansas City theft crimes lawyer on your side today to build a strong defense. At the Law Office of Michael Crawford, we have a former prosecutor who understands the way your accusers think. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Are you facing a theft crime charge in Missouri? Our Kansas City theft crime attorney is ready to represent you. Call the Law Office of Michael Crawford today at (816) 945-4930 or contact our firm online to get started.
What are the Different Types of Theft in Missouri?
- Class A Misdemeanor Theft: Stealing property or services valued at less than $500. This includes petty theft, or "petit larceny."
- Class D Felony Theft: Stealing someone else's animal
- Class C Felony Theft: Stealing property or services valued at more than $500, but less than $25,000. Stealing certain types of property, such as a firearm, motor vehicle, credit card, U.S. flag on display, livestock, and others
- Class B Felony Theft: Stealing property or services valued at $25,000 or more
How Much Theft is Considered a Felony in Missouri?
For theft to be a felony in Missouri you must steal items or service that is at least worth $750, which is considered a Class D felony theft. A class D felony theft can include the theft of the following:
- credit card
- controlled substance
- voter registration book or list, a will, or an unrecorded property deed
- certain live fish, livestock, or captive wildlife
- any wire, electrical transformer, or metallic wire used to transmit wire communications, conduct electricity, or transport combustible fuels.
Start Your Defense Today
Just because you are accused of a crime does not make you a criminal. In many cases, simply returning the property is enough to substantially reduce a sentence. While prosecutors may try to paint you as a villain, our team knows better. We are prepared to help you fight for a favorable outcome.
We may be able to help you through strategies that show:
- The property in question belongs to you
- You were granted access to the property in question
- You were intoxicated and not in your right mind when you committed theft
- You were a victim of police entrapment
There are other ways your rights can be protected, but all of them take time to prepare. By calling our firm early, you can have the best chance at a favorable result for your situation.
Your rights are our priority at the Law Office of Michael Crawford. Our criminal defense attorney knows what it takes to properly analyze the evidence and claims made against you. You do not have to face your charges alone!
Contact the Law Office of Michael Crawford today for a FREE consultation!
Meet Your Attorney
Quality Your Case Needs
Our Attorney Is A Former Prosecutor With An Excellent Reputation
We Are Client Focused and Provide Personalized Service
Michael Crawford Has Extensive Trial Experience
Our Attorney is Licensed in Kansas & Missouri