Kansas City DUI Lawyer
Licensed in Missouri & Kansas
A DUI/DWI conviction carries serious criminal sentences that can leave you without a driver’s license and shouldering heavy criminal consequences. Your future depends on your ability to tell your side of the story in a compelling way. The Law Office of Michael Crawford can help you. As a former prosecutor, our Kansas City DUI lawyer understands how to defend against these charges, and we are prepared to stand by your side throughout the proceedings.
Fighting the Charges Against You
Once you are arrested for impaired driving, the clock starts ticking for you to plan an effective defense. Prosecutors will do everything they can to ensure you are convicted of the allegations against you, and if you do not successfully fight for your rights, they could be taken from you. Our Kansas City DWI lawyer understands the importance of analyzing the evidence against you. We know how to help you.
Our firm has helped clients get reduced or dropped sentences through strategies such as:
- Proving the police officer obtained evidence in an unlawful way
- Questioning the efficacy of sobriety testing equipment
- Making plea bargains that keep our clients driving
- Demonstrating that the driver was under duress to drive while intoxicated
There are other strategies we might use. Your best option is to speak with us right away and get started planning your case.
Missouri DWI Penalties
It is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol content of .08% or more. If you are arrested for DUI and are later convicted, you will likely face the consequences of time in jail, steep fines, temporary loss of your license, and more. The penalties get increasingly more severe if you have had prior DUI convictions in the past.
- First Offense: Up to 6 months in jail, up to $1,000 fine, 30-day license suspension then 60-day restricted license
- Second Offense: Up to 1 year in jail, up to $2,000 fine, 5-year revoked license, minimum 6 months installation of ignition interlock device
- Third Offense: Up to 4 years in jail, up to $10,000 fine, 10-year revoked license, minimum 6 months installation of ignition interlock device
Get Started Today
The more time your legal team has to review the charges and evidence filed against you, the better your chances will be of a favorable outcome. Do not wait until you are forced to appear in court before hiring an effective Kansas City DUI lawyer. Call Law Office of Michael Crawford today and schedule your free consultation.
Dial (816) 945-4930 today to speak with our team about your case.
Our Attorney Is A Former Prosecutor With An Excellent Reputation
We Are Client Focused and Provide Personalized Service
Michael Crawford Has Extensive Trial Experience
Our Attorney is Licensed in Kansas & Missouri